Wednesday, March 29, 2006

On the Value of Web 2.0

I know, I know, Web 2.0 is a fad, a fraud, a fettish….how many more f-words can I string here.

Anyway, this is a nice entry on the topic which reflects what I am feeling about the trend. And the author has a good response to the Anti-Web 2.0 crowd.

Joshua Porter talks about listening to James Surowiecki’s talk on the Wisdom of Crowds and the most profound aspect of Web 2.0. It’s not about the technology, it’s about the social elements, the trends that people follow. Witness the explosive interest in blogging and podcasting, the MySpace thing and all those various new web toys we've grown to love.

Why have these things become so popular and will they endure?

Good questions.

Oh, and read the comments as well. I know who Huey Long was, do you?

-jeb

No comments: