Tuesday, May 23, 2006

It's Official

The new and improved jebswebs.com is up and running thanks to the excellent work of Wayne the Tech Man at Applied Innovations. I must admit that after three previous attempts at getting a CMS installed, I was starting to think it would never happen. But Wayne made it work, so now it's there.

This time we installed DotNetNuke (DNN) which is an open source CMS built on the Windows Server platform. I am pleased with the way it operates, but now the fun begins...making it work, and making sure it's accessible.

The former seems to be going well, the later, well, we'll have to see.

There is an Irishman in Sweden who claims to have developed a XHTML valid & compliant "skin" for DNN. His site is indeed compliant, and I have downloaded the skin, but I can't get it to load.

One of the features of the new system is the ability to install my own blog...which of course I have already done. You can check out the new blog here. But I am not comfortable with that one quite yet, so I will be posting in both locations for a while.

~jeb

No comments: